It is now that time of year when you are able to switch out your iced coffees for the decadent hot coffee to help keep you warm. Most of my fellow bloggers have probably already made their way over to the steaming hot coffee, but here in Florida it is just now time to start making our way on over.
It is still fall here in Florida (although it feels like a blizzard is passing through), so being the basic white girls that we are we of course have to have pumpkin in our daily diet (I mean it only happens once a year). This delicious Caramel Cappuccino with Pumpkin Whipped Cream is to die for and is a fall must for my fellow bloggers.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving, plus extra topping
Cappuccino maker (Keurig Rivo Mixer is a top of the market maker)
Pumpkin Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping
1 shot freshly-brewed espresso (1.4 ounces)
1/2 cup whole milk, frothed
3 tablespoons pumpkin whipped cream
Cinnamon to garnish (if desired)
1. Pour cream into bowl of stand mixer; add sugar. Beat on medium-high until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Add pumpkin puree, beat for 1 minute more
3. Spoon caramel sauce into the bottom of a large glass mug. Brew espresso directly into mug according to machine directions. Stir immediately until caramel is melted and blended into the espresso.
4. Froth milk according to machine directions, and pour over espresso-caramel mix.
5. Gently spoon Pumpkin Whipped Cream on top of foam. Sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
Hope this delicious drink is able to keep you warm and your taste buds satisfied! I would love to hear feedback and how you’re staying warm this cold and chilly fall/winter.