- 2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- ½ cup gingersnaps, optional
- Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool.
- Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding.
- Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl.
- Pour ½ of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping.
- Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping.
- Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps or gingerbread crumbs if desired.
- Refrigerate overnight.