I have been shopping lately constantly (although I am a broke college kid), I have come up with a few Designer must haves that would make one of the absolute cutest outfit for a night on the town with either the girls or if you have yourself a date that night.
This Lilly Pulitzer Dress is a fabulous yet casual dress. The Cassie Boatneck T-Shirt Dress is only $88 and has received great reviews. This cotton dress is perfect for daytime shopping, to the park or to lunch, then you are able to easily transition this dress into the perfect little date night or dinner with the girls. This dress is a Lilly girl favorite…I think that you’ll agree.
A comfortable classic for sunny days and warm getaways, the iconic Miller Sandal — in croc-printed leather with a graphic laser-cut logo — goes with just about anything in your wardrobe. A chic alternative to the basic flip-flop, it’s effortlessly polished. These sandals are currently on sale and won’t last long. These sandals are originally $225 but if you act fast then you will be able to snag these babies up for just $157.50
These adorable Kendra Scott Skylar Earrings in Neon Pink pair perfectly with Navy. The classic arrowhead earrings feature a delicate gold frame around a hot pink stone. Perfect for edgy fashionistas and girly-girls, these statement earrings are the perfect accessory. These earrings are normally retailed for $65 but are currently $49.97.
These are just a few of my favorite things. Act fast while the shoes and earrings are on sale. They are only on sale at the actual website, I will provide the links below.
Lilly Pulitzer Dress: http://www.lillypulitzer.com/product/dresses/daytime/cassie-boatneck-t-shirt-dress/pc/38/c/39/7379.uts?swatchName=True+Navy
Tory Burch Shoes: http://www.toryburch.com/miller-croc-print-sandal/22148206.html?start=17&cgid=shoes-sandals&dwvar_22148206_color=207
Kendra Scott Earrings: http://www.kendrascott.com/skylar-earrings-in-neon-pink.html
1. Regardless of his height, he is comfortable with the way he looks around you. You don’t have to date a guy who is taller than most, but he can’t be someone who is threatened to be seen with you.2. He genuinely makes you laugh (because he is funny, not because you think he is attractive and want to flatter him), and not a self-conscious little giggle, either. He makes you belly laugh and choke on your own laughter and tear up with laughter and laugh so hard you think you’re going to pee yourself.
3. He loves your laugh, even your ‘ugly’ laugh.
4. He remembers little things about you, even things that other people might consider unimportant or too minor. He knows what your favorite dish at the Thai place is. He knows what movie you two watched on your first date. He knows the blanket you love to curl up with when you’re reading.
5. Whether or not he has the same taste in music or movies as you, he is always willing to try something new that you really like, or that neither of you have seen before.
6. He doesn’t put you down for liking what you like.
7. You always feel welcome around his friends, even if they aren’t the people that you would hang out with every day, and they are always friendly and open to you. There is never a point at which you feel there is ‘your boyfriend’ and then ‘the person he is around his friends.’
8. His family is not perfect, because no one is, but they try their best and are good people and you feel comfortable around them.
9. He does not cheat on you, would never cheat on you, and doesn’t even give the vague, nagging suspicion that he might cheat on you at some point in the future. Regardless of the problems you may encounter, being betrayed is simply not a possibility.
10. His vision of the future is very similar to yours, or at least is flexible enough to adjust to what you both may end up wanting. (Wasting time with someone who does not want what you want, and never will, is unfair to both of you.)
11. He has a healthy relationship with going out, drinking, and socializing. He is neither completely dependent or absolutely uncomfortable with either of those things.
12. With him you are comfortable both going out together and spending time separately with your individual groups of friends – there is no need to be constantly joined at the hip, for fear that he may stray or any other reason.
13. He is willing to consider long-distance if it has to be done for a certain period of time, but at least ultimately has plans to be near you (because no matter how good it is, long-distance can’t last forever).
14. He doesn’t have hang-ups or judgments about your body, and shows all of it affection and attention. You don’t feel ugly or uncomfortable around him, nor that you are not good enough for him physically.
15. He has similar religious views to you – or lack thereof – or is willing to accept that you’re both different. Few things manifest in more ugly ways than the small seeds of disagreement over fundamental beliefs like religion.
16. He is open-minded, and not just about things that he doesn’t really care about. Even for more important subjects like politics or culture, he is able to listen to others and give meaningful responses without being petty or childish.
17. He is mature and comfortable about the human body and all of its weird functions, and doesn’t make a big deal out of things that happen naturally. Instead of feeling uncomfortable when something weird happens during sex, for example, you both just laugh.
18. He doesn’t make fun of you if you say you are offended or upset by something he says. He is actually capable of thinking about the consequences of his words and understanding that not all hurt is inflicted physically.
19. He votes, and understands why it’s important.
20. He is attractive (to your own individual standard), but the vast majority of your interest in him stems from things other than what he looks like.
21. He respects himself enough to want all of these things from you, too.
Don’t rely on others to create your happiness, be strong, be independent, be YOU!
Valentines Day is coming up, have you thought of a great date to take your man on? Well you’re in luck because I have come up with some great ideas for you and the love of your life.
- Picnic – You can either do this in your living room, a place with a pretty view or in an interesting place (first place you met)
- Teach each other skills – How to play an instrument etc.
- Go to a free community event – There are usually free activities going on, give one a try!
- Have a movie night with a theme – Challenge each other to bring the worst movie, the best musical etc.
- If you have snow, play in it.
- Make a special dinner
- Have a culturally-themed date where you serve traditional food and learn about another culture and the way they celebrate or date! Add in a movie that takes place in that specific country, or a documentary about the culture.
- Go to the bookstore.
- Go stargazing in the backyard or at a local conservatory.
- Have a Wii tournament.
- Have a movie night with one basic theme – Nacho Night: eating fancy nachos and watch Nacho Libre.
- Go Ice Blocking – slide down big hills on a large block of ice (bring towels to lay on the ice or your bum will get very cold!)
- Mystery date – Put three or four ideas for dinner, activities and dessert in unmarked envelopes and pick one at random each time you finish with the last task.
- Go for a walk or ride bikes.
- Make T-shirts – Get cheap, plain white tees from the store and decorate them with sharpies or paint. Stencils are helpful or you can just wing it.
- Go to thrift stores and pick out an outfit for the other person, with $5 budget each.
- Make ice cream sculptures out of cheap, very frozen ice cream. Add toppings for details and then eat them after you show off your creations.
- Rent a tandem bicycle, segways or a paddle boat and get outdoors.
- Take a dance class together.
- Make a blanket fort
- Go swimming or hot-tubbing.
- Go pick fruit in season at a local farm or orchard.
- Go see a local band or musician, or open-mic night.
- Visit a factory in your area and take a tour. Usually these include free samples.
- Go to costco, BJ’s, or Sam’s and have some samples, and buy $1.50 dinners.
- Go miniature golfing or to batting cages.
- Go roller skating on disco night at your local rink. See who can do the best tricks by the end of the night.
- Go to the mountains or camp indoors, roast marshmallows and make banana boats.
- Play poker with peanuts, candy or cheap, fun items from the dollar store.
- Stay at home and play table tennis or go bowling.
- Go people watching at a crowded place.
- Visit antique shops and compete to find the funniest, rarest or oldest items.
- Buy flowers or balloons and give them to people on the street who look like they need cheering up.
- Race tin-foil boats in a stream or river.
- Finger paint together, try to create a masterpiece.
- Bake and decorate sugar cookies.
- Go to open houses and talk about your dream home.
- Do a puzzle.
- Go to the zoo or a petting zoo.
- Play ultimate frisbee or frisbee golf.
- Have a fondue night.
- Watch stand-up comedy specials together.
- Do touristy things – in the city you live in.
- Go fishing and cook your catch for dinner.
- Volunteer at a festival together, you do something good and get in for free!
- Go get pedicures together at a cosmetology school.
- Attend a book or poetry reading at your library.
- Dress up in your fanciest clothes and order dessert at a nice restaurant..
- Go to an art gallery, museum or exhibit in town. Many of them have a local or student discount.
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Build something with legos.
- Make bucket lists together.
- Go to McDonald’s for dinner, then to the arcade.
- Feed the ducks at the park.
- Carve something out of a giant block of cheese.
- Support local teams.
- Go to a free movie screening at the library.
- Take an art class together.
- Make Valentines Day cards for each other.
- Go ice skating.
- Play darts at a local dive.
- Go see a play or show at a theater in your area, or even a high school.
- Learn how to love each other.
- Set a movie night up like a movie theater, complete with VIP curtain, movie theater candy, popcorn, and Italian sodas.
- TV show marathon.
- Go to the shooting range.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Test drive super nice cars.
- Go to an ice-cream or chocolate store and see what you can taste-test.
- Buy several brands of one food or drink, cover up the labels and have a blind tasting contest.
These are great ideas for Valentine’s Day or just a regular old day that you want to make your man feel special.